PADI/TDI Cavern Diving Specialty
- Our most popular specialty course.
- The Yucatan Peninsula hosts the largest flooded underground cave system in the world. The purpose of the Tulum Diving, Cavern Diver Specialty Course is to familiarize you with the skills, knowledge, procedures of cavern diving. The Cavern Diver course is intended to provide a safe, supervised introduction to cave diving in natural overhead environments. However, although the course introduces students to the myriad skills, procedures and techniques that cavern diving has in common with cave diving, the Cavern Diver course is not intended to certify divers for Cave Diving. If you are considering Cave Dive training, this course is a perfect introduction to the caverns to see if it is for you as well as being a prerequisite to Full Cave Diver Course.
- The goals of PADI Cavern Diver training are:
- To develop your knowledge of the cavern environment.
- To raise your awareness of the need for conservation and positive landowner relations.
- To familiarize you with the major contributing causes of cave and cavern diving fatalities and how they form the basis of the safety rules around which this course and all subsequent cavern dives revolve.
- To enable you to plan and organize dives to safely explore caverns that fall within the stated limitations of Cavern Diver training and that offer conditions as good as the caverns in which the student was trained
- To give you a chance to get a feel for whether or not the full cave training is for you.