Assistant Instructor Course
PADI 5 Star Professional Dive Training
PADI Assistant Instructor Course
- Are you ready for the next step in your professional development?
- The Assistant Instructor program is the first portion of the Instructor Development Course (IDC). In the AI program you will continue the adventure toward becoming one of the most sought after dive professional in the world. PADI has set the standards by which the world learns to dive and by earning the Assistant Instructor Rating you will join the ranks of dive professionals teaching the most popular diver training programs in the world.
- Are you ready?
- In the AI program you will learn some basic information to be able teach your future students with confidence. Some of the topics will be:
- General PADI Standards
- PADI Materials and System of Instruction
- Diver Safety and Risk Management
- How to Develop Teaching Presentations
- How to teach the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Course
- How to teach the Project Aware Specialty Course
- Time Commitment: 4 Days During the program we will continue with developing your basic knowledge of dive theory that you began in the Divemaster course. In addition you will begin learning how to lay out and present Knowledge Development classes, Confined Water training and Open Water training. As an Assistant Instructor you will be qualified to evaluate certain skills in the Open Water Diver Course. You will be qualified to teach and certify the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Course and the Project Aware Specialty Course. Prerequisite:
- PADI Divemaster or leadership-level certification with another recognized recreational diver training organization
- Experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- 60 logged dives
- 18 years old
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- Certified diver for six months.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion within the last 24 months.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, you will need to submit documentation of qualifying certifications for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level, as necessary Tuition: $600 USD per diver PADI Instructor Course Materials: $990 USD (these are the same materials you will need for the OWSI course in the IDC) Total Cost: $1590 Join us and start your PADI Instructor course in Tulum
PADI Assistant Instructor + 14 Day Internship
During the Internship you will work with our staff in supervising certified divers and teaching PADI dive courses. You will gain invaluable experience in being in charge of divers in real dive situations. This program begins with our 4 day Assistant Instructor Course. It is then followed up with two weeks of interning with our staff to gain real world experience in supervising divers.
Additionally, during the Internship you will receive the PADI Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRI)Certification at no additional charge. Certification as an EFR Instructor is a requirement to becoming a PADI Open Water Instructor. Join this valuable Internship and get another step toward becoming a PADI Open Water Instructor.
Assistant Instructor Tuition: $600 USD PADI Instructor Course Materials: $990 USD (these are the same materials you will need for the OWSI course in the IDC)14 day Internship: $600 USD EFR Instructor Course: No Charge Total Cost: $2190 USD
14 Day Pro Combo Course Divemaster & Assistant Instructor Combo Course
Combo Course Total: $2790 This is the perfect way to begin your PADI Instructor training. In only two weeks you can get a huge headstart on your PADI Instructor Development.